Aloha, everyone. I am new, obviously, and am excited that I have found a community like this. My decision to join is a part of my new dedication to recovery. I hope I can give and find support here :)
* Name: Elizabeth
* Age: 21
* Location: North Carolina
* An explanation of your e.d.: I developed disordered eating in high school; it turned into anorerxia nervosa my sophomore year in college, brought on by the stress of being on a division 1A soccer team.
* How long have you had it?: Disordered eating: 6 years. Anorexia: 3 years.
* Have you received any treatment for it?: Yes, all outpatient: individual therapy, nutrition counseling, experientail therapy (yoga, massage).
* Have you been in recovery?: Yes.
* Do other people know?: My parents and my best friend.
* What do you want out of recovery?: Freedom from the negative thoughts that are robbing me of my life. To be happy with and truly, deeply love myself--inside and out.
* What holds you back from recovery?: Myself. My perfectionism, my stubborness, my ability of turning everything into a competition...
OTHER MENTAL HEALTH
* Any other mental illness?: Diagnosed depression.
* Any medications?: Yes. Paxil for a while; now Prozac.
* Any other self-destructive habits (like self-injury, substance abuse, etc)?: Cut before I started therapy.
* Are you currently in therapy?: Yes. Because of school, I can only go once a week--my therapist is over an hour from my school. During breaks from school I go much more, depending on how I am doing (ex: over Christmas I practically lived in her office--4 times a week...uggh).
OTHER UNRELATED STUFF ABOUT YOU
* Are you in school?: Graduating from undergrad school in May; starting law school in August
* What kind of music do you like? Classic rock, oldies
* What's a hobby you have?: Reading, travel, tennis, horseback riding
* If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Anywhere that is warm and on the beach...and non-touristy
* Your favorite qoute: I have lots, but I'll pick 2: "The second star to the right shines in the night for you, to tell you that the dreams you plan really can come true" (Peter Pan); "There is, in the end, the letting go" (Wasted)
So, that's me. Glad to be here, and looking forward to getting to know everyone.